The Fellowship for British Hairdressing are thrilled to share the news of their brand new for 2023, Hairdotcom Scholarship, sponsored by Davines.
The Hairdotcom Scholarship is the first of its kind focused on creativity and spanning the whole cross sector of the hair industry, in the forever expanding industry in which we reside. The opportunity to work within so many different areas has become readily available but extremely competitive.
The Hairdotcom Art Team is made up of driven, renowned and respected hair creatives working in all sectors of the hair world, offering a second to none opportunity to provide a Scholarship in creative excellence never seen before in our industry.
The lucky winner of the Hairdotcom Scholarship will spend a year shadowing individuals from the Hairdotcom Art Team to learn creativity in every aspect of the hair industry. With one-on-one shadowing days with the following team members:
- A day working on a TV show, concert or music video with Craig Chapman
- A day working behind the scenes of a hair show with Ashleigh Hodges
- A session day on a photoshoot with Errol Douglas MBE (pictured at top of the page)
- ‘Be your Best’ creative mentoring session with Carolyn Newman
- Exploring creative colour and a social media day with Casey Coleman
- A year’s membership of The Hairdressers Social Club with Vivienne Johns
- Assisting on a colour education day with Harriet Stokes
- A ‘Grass Roots’ in salon day with award winning salon, The Hair Bank, led by salon owners Laura and Ria Kulik
- A day assisting Celebrity Make Up Artist and Hair Stylist, Elizabeth Rita.
Entries open on the 2nd October 2023 and close on the 30th October 2023 whereby applicants must submit a document answering why they deserve to win this amazing scholarship and listing their career achievements to date.
Auditions will take place on November 20th 2023 and the winner will be announced on November 21st 2023. There is no age limit to enter but you must be a Fellowship member to apply.
Commenting on the launch of the new Hairdotcom Scholarship, CEO of the Fellowship for British Hairdressing, Barry Stephens, said, “We are super excited to launch this new Scholarship for our Fellowship Members. The winner of the Scholarship will be provided with some incredible opportunities, allowing them to excel in their hairdressing career and learn from some of the best in the industry.”
For further information and to apply, visit: https://fellowshiphair.com/project/hairdotcom-scholarship/