The Fellowship for British Hairdressing held it’s annual lunch and award ceremony today in London’s trendiest hotel, The Londonist. The packed event was attended by Britains biggest stars in hairstyling and barbering.
President Robert Eaton and CEO Barry Stephens announced that in 2024 the mission for educating the next generation of Britain’s hairdressers and barbers will continue, with further expansion of the Centres of Excellence college programme, Hair & Vision events nationwide, a major presence at HairCon 2024 and a launch of Silver membership of the Fellowship.
The Award ceremony featured a special rare Gold award for Ken Picton.
The Fellowship recognised the contribution made by many others involved in their mission of Creativity
The event culminated in awards given to working hairdressers and barbers across the country for outstanding activity in a broad range of categories.
For the full list of award winners read our latest item here, but the categories are
2023 SPOTLIGHT AWARD
Split into two categories, the over 25’s and under 25’s, SPOTLIGHT is a virtual competition and the latest initiative from the Fellowship to find the next generation of talent and stars for the future.
IMAGE OF THE YEAR AWARDS:
- Fellowship Image of the Year Award
- Colour Image of the Year Award
- Men’s Image of the Year Award
- Afro Image of the Year Award
- Snapshot Image of the Year Award
- International Image of the Year Award
ART & COMMERCE AWARDS:
- Salon Group of the Year Award
- Individual Salon of the Year Award
- Session Hair Stylist of the Year Award
- Educator of the Year Award
- Hairdresser of the Year Award
- HALL OF F.A.M.E. Award
- Gold Medal Award
- Fellow with Distinction Award
- Fellow with Honours Award
- Member of the Year Award
- Projects – Achiever of the Year Award
Barry Stephens, CEO for The Fellowship for British Hairdressing, said “We are incredibly excited for this year’s Luncheon & Hair Awards. We look forward to rewarding individuals and salons with incredible business acumen in the Art & Commerce Awards and seeing the creativity and high standard of work created this year by entrants in the Image of Year Awards. The Luncheon & Hair Awards is always such an excellent event and a great time for the industry’s finest to reconnect before the end of the year.”