January is the perfect time for clients to consider giving their hair a detox, injecting moisture back into their hair they may have lost from over styling during the festive season and from the effects of the winter weather. A January detox will also give the hair and scalp a detox from product build up and heated styling.
Below, Sabrina Dijkman shares her top product picks to suggest to clients to invest in for the New Year and to give their hair some much needed TLC alongside some tips you can share with them to give their hair that much needed ‘reset’.
- Use a scalp scrub – healthy hair starts with a healthy scalp and it’s so important to advise clients that they must look after their scalp too to help promote hair growth, get rid of product build up and to deeply cleanse their hair.
- Add moisture back into the hair with moisturising products – Shampoo, Conditioner, Masks/treatments and care products with moisturising ingredients are essential for injecting that much needed moisture back into the hair, whilst also ensuring hair looks and feels soft and silky to touch and is frizz free.
- Advise clients to change to silk – Ditch the cotton towels and pillowcases and switch to silk/satin that are gentler on the hair and will reduce frizz and breakage. Clients may even want to opt for silk/satin hair ties for their hair ups to avoid friction.
- Avoid styling and experiment with braiding techniques – for clients who are looking to take a break from heated styling tools during January, experimenting with hairstyles like braiding is a great option. I always suggest for clients to distribute a product like the Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture CC Cream through their hair before braiding for a polished look whilst also giving their hair added nourishment.
- Ensure clients don’t just look after their hair at home but also book appointments at the salon too – whether this be for regular cuts or treatments to keep hair in as healthy as a condition as possible and to give hair a more intense salon treatment. Regular cuts will also ensure split ends are removed and avoid further damage being done to their hair.
Top product picks –
- Renewing Scalp Care Scrub-to-Foam – a two in one cleanser/scrub that exfoliates the hair and scalp, removing build up, leaving the scalp feeling calm, soothed and hydrated.
- Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner – formulated with Caviar Extract and Sea Silk, this duo helps to restore and rebalance moisture to hair for noticeably softer, smoother, shinier hair.
- Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Masque – an intensive moisturising treatment that replenishes moisture-starved strands, leaving hair smooth, silky and youthfully restored.
- Renewing Scalp Care Peppermint Treatment – a lightweight and fast absorbing vegan scalp treatment that leaves the scalp feeling moisturised and less dry.
- Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture CC Cream – a “Complete Correction” leave-in treatment and styling cream which delivers 10 benefits in 1 easy step for beautiful, healthy-looking hair: moisture, smoothness, anti-breakage, light hold, manageability, shine, softness, heat protection, uv protection and strength.
Order at the ALTERNA UK Website – https://www.alternadirect.co.uk/
Follow for more tips at ALTERNA UK Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/alternahaircare_uk